Convergence 2022 Call for Proposals
Share your knowledge with peers in Phoenix at RAPS Convergence 2022 (11-13 September 2022).
The 2022 Convergence Planning Committee invites you to submit a session or workshop proposal for RAPS Convergence 2022. Convergence will be in person in 2022. If your proposal is accepted, you will be expected to travel to Phoenix to present in person.
Submission Cycle: 5 January – 4 February 2022 at 11:59 PM EST
RAPS Convergence is the largest and most well-recognized annual gathering of regulatory professionals, scientists, and innovators globally. Convergence brings together representatives from industry, global regulatory bodies, research, academic and clinical organizations directly involved in managing the regulatory process and aligning science, regulation, and business strategy.
Proposal submissions are blinded and peer-reviewed for quality, educational content, logical presentation, and impact on the global healthcare regulatory community.
The RAPS Convergence Planning Committee reserves the right to request modifications, combine proposals and may not accept all suggested speakers. During the submission process, you will be asked to indicate your agreement to be considered for a combined session if the committee identifies proposals that will work well together.
2022 LEARNING FORMATS
- Case Studies
- NEW – Hot Topic: Hot topic submissions are designed to be 20 minutes in length.
- NEW – Campfire Session: Campfire Sessions begin a lot like a traditional presentation, with a speaker (or multiple speakers) presenting an idea at the front of the room. After 15 minutes, the focus shifts from the presenter(s) to the audience. For the remainder of the session, the presenter(s) become facilitators, inviting comments, insights, and questions from those around the room. Campfire sessions allow attendees to drive their learning and share experiences with others, assisting with networking.
Broad Interest (Cannabidiol, Health-Related Foods, AI, Cybersecurity, Data Transparency, Inspections & Audits)Preconference Workshops
Submit a preconference workshop idea for deep-dive intensive learning. Preconference workshops are a unique opportunity to incorporate different learning and instruction tactics to aid attendees in handling the topic of choice. Workshops can be one or two days. Include a detailed class agenda with the preconference proposal submission.
- In Vitro Diagnostics
- Medical Devices
About the submission process
- An account is required to submit a proposal. When creating an account, you must provide a valid e-mail address, as RAPS will rely exclusively on email communications related to proposal submission, disposition, and presentation.
- Submit proposals online only. Submissions by email, fax, or mail will not be accepted.
- You may save your progress at any point and return to your saved submission until the deadline date, Friday, 4 February 2022, 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Although you may submit multiple proposed sessions, RAPS will not select more than two submissions from an individual to avoid speaker scheduling conflicts.
- Please allow several days before the proposal submission deadline to resolve questions or problems with the online submission process.
- Failure to follow online submission procedures may result in the rejection of the proposal.
- Late and/or incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
- The RAPS Convergence Planning Committee reserves the right to request modifications, combine proposals and may not accept all suggested speakers.
Proposal Template Tool
To assist in planning, download the proposal template to work on your submission offline. When ready to submit, use the above Call for Proposal link to complete and submit your proposal.
|5 January 2022||Proposal submission opens.|
|4 February 2022 at 11:59 pm, EST||Proposal submissions deadline. No extensions will be granted.|
|10 – 28 February 2022||Convergence Planning Committee review process.|
|6 April 2022||Notifications will go out to all who submitted a complete abstract.|
|11 – 13 September 2022||RAPS Convergence 2022, Phoenix, AZ|
If your session proposal is accepted:
- Presenters will receive complimentary registration for the conference.
- Preconference workshops are available as an add-on purchase option. RAPS does not provide honorarium to cover expenses for presentations.
If your preconference workshop abstract is accepted:
- Preconference workshop presenters will receive complimentary registration for main conference.
- Registration for other Preconference workshops are available as an add-on purchase option.
- Stipends are available for workshop presenters who do not receive assistance from their employers or other sources to attend Convergence.