Continuing education and professional training for medical communicators
The EMWA spring and autumn conferences provide a medium for networking, active discussions and extensive cost-effective professional training. It is also an opportunity to benefit from the experiences of other medical writers.
The venues, facilities, and training programmes are chosen to offer the best possible learning environment. In addition to the formal training sessions, a relaxed, friendly conference atmosphere provides for ideal networking opportunities and enables all those attending to meet medical writers and communicators at all stages in their careers.
Call for Abstracts
The Scientific Organising Committee invite abstract submissions for the 53rd Annual
EMWA Conference in Berlin, Germany. Posters based on accepted abstracts will be
displayed at the conference from 3 to 7 May 2022
Click here to download the abstract submission form.
Click here to download the abstract submission guidelines
Abstracts must be:
• based on original research, case reports or reviews and relate to any field of medical writing, communications, editing or translation
• structured (Introduction, Methodology, Results, Conclusion) and include fewer than 250 words (excluding title, authors and affiliations)
• submitted in English (UK spelling)
• submitted on the official EMWA submission form (below)
• submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 February 2022, 17:00 GMT by the presenting author
By submitting an abstract, the authors confirm that the data have NOT been previously published as a full paper and agree that if it is accepted it will be published in the official EMWA journal, Medical Writing. Please note only presented abstracts will be published, if an author is unable to present the abstract will be withdrawn. All abstracts will be reviewed by an expert panel and may be selected for poster presentation (or rejected) Authors will be notified of the panel decision and will receive poster preparation guidelines by 11 March 2022
The presenting author MUST:
• be registered for the conference and present the poster during presentation indicated times
• ensure that all co-authors are aware of, contributed to and agree with the content of the abstract before submission
• state that this condition is met in the submission email